Friday, December 3, 2010

Back at 'er...

Wow, I haven't blogged in a couple of years. I miss it! I want to pick it up again as a way to share what's on my heart and what God is doing in mine and Mogi's life. Hopefully friends and family can share in the journey!

Why Pursuing One Thing? This is a theme that the Lord has been teaching us lately. This whole Christian life is all about One Thing, and that is Christ. This has two implications: first, that Jesus needs to be pursued; second, that any other pursuit will be empty. Christianity isn't simply about agreeing to a set of principles, having faith, or even being forgiven. When we accept Christ, we are invited and called into a life of pursuit. How easily I forget that! How easily I become passive and disengaged. I settle for less than God's standard and become comfortable with where I'm at. This is not the kind of lifestyle that Paul exemplifies in Philippians 3:13-14:

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."


Striving, straining, pressing on. Running the race. And what is the prize he's running for? Just a few verses earlier he says, "I consider everything a loss in view of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord...I want to know Christ." 

David had a similar pursuit in Psalm 27:4:


"One thing I ask from the LORD, 
   this only do I seek: 
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD 
   all the days of my life, 
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD 
   and to seek him in his temple."

Knowing Christ...seeking Him. That is the desire of my heart. To know him so intimately that I can gaze upon his beauty. To be so focussed on him that I can consider everything else rubbish. 


This is the goal...but it requires pursuit. But I know this pursuit is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, friend! Thanks for reading. I'd love to hear from you:

01 09 10