Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We Are the Reason

Yesterday I got hit for the first time with the stress of everything I want to get done before Christmas. I had all these great aspirations a month ago to be on top of things, but I have no idea where the time went! It seems like suddenly today is the deadline, and I still have parcels to send, a house to clean, food to make, presents to buy, gifts to wrap, and rooms to prepare for guests.

But I know that in the end all of that doesn't matter.

I thought that I usually do a pretty good job of not getting caught up in the stress and consumerism of Christmas time, but yesterday was a test of that! Yesterday evening though I had a refreshing, needed reminder. I was asked to sing for a Christmas Eve service this weekend, and we practiced the song last night - it's called "We Are the Reason."

As little children we would dream of Christmas morn
And all the gifts and toys we knew we’d find
But we never realized a baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives

We are the reason that He gave His life
We were the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

As the years went by we learned more about our gifts
The giving of ourselves and what that means
On a dark and cloudy day a man hung dying in the rain
Because of love
Because of love

We are the reason that He gave His life
We are the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

I've finally found the reason for living
It’s in giving every part of my heart to Him 
And all that I do every word that I say
I will give all my life just for Him, just for Him 

We are the reason that He gave His life
We are the reason that He suffered and died
To a world that was lost He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live
Jesus, You are my reason to live


You've heard the saying - "Jesus is the reason for the season." Yes, I agree, but Jesus came to earth because of us. Because of me...because of you.

Christmas isn't about checking things off our to-do-list. It's about what's already been done for us.

Have you accepted the gift of Christ?

1 comment:

  1. thank you, Kristyn!
    I can relate too well to the stress and anxiety you felt - but also am so encouraged by what you reminded me of... what Jesus has already accomplished, and how his peace is available to us (even in the hubbub of Christmas time)!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, friend! Thanks for reading. I'd love to hear from you:

01 09 10