Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Top Ten

Thought I'd write a simple post about 10 things I'm grateful for today. Giving thanks always puts things into perspective:

1) Snow. We haven't really had any snow this season...until last week! It is absolutely beautiful - not too cold, and falling gently. I love it! (And it makes me a bit homesick for Canada.)

2) Music! Last night my husband and I went to a jazz concert in an old monastery - how cool is that?! I love living in Europe :-) The band was excellent. Music is such a mysterious gift...

3) Food. As I write this, my tummy is telling me it's getting anxious for supper. I really don't know how blessed I am to have a fridge full of so many options of stuff I can eat. The *majority* of the rest of the world doesn't have that privilege. Wow.

4) Skype! Of course technology has its disadvantages, but at the same time it's great. I love being able to connect with friends and family "face to face."

5) Family.What else is there to say? I love and miss you guys!

6) Community! Being part of the "family of believers." Even though I'm adjusting to life in a new culture, I am surrounded by brothers and sisters in Christ, which immediately makes me feel at home.

7) The Word of God. You wanna know what I read this morning? A verse popped out at me from Judges 6 - God spoke to Gideon, and then Gideon went to prepare an offering for Him. "And the Lord said, 'I will wait until you return' " (v. 17). Maybe I'm taking it a little out of context, but I believe that God speaks the same thing to us today - He is always waiting for us to return. We may forsake Him, we may pursue our own kingdom a hundred times throughout the day, but He's always waiting for us to come back. Always.

8) The fireplace I'm sitting beside right now. Warm and cozy - 'nuff said!

9) Hope. As the old hymn goes, "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow - great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!" God's grace keeps me going - every day.

10) You, my readers. Thanks for viewing my blog! Feel free to comment or share - I hope we can inspire each other.

So...what's on your "Top Ten Thankfulness" list of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, friend! Thanks for reading. I'd love to hear from you:

01 09 10