Monday, November 4, 2013

As Faithful as the Sunrise

No matter what time I wake up each morning, I am never, ever surprised that the sun is shining.

Why is that? Why am I never taken aback when I see light, colors, brightness? The question actually is, why SHOULD I be? Not once in my life has the sun failed to shine. There has been winter, and some days have been short, but the sun was always there.


When it's dark at night and I'm fumbling around in the hallway for the light switch, I'm not even a bit concerned. I am certain about something I cannot see: the sun will shine again.

'Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.'
(Hebrews 11:1)

I spent last week helping counsel people at a 'Basixx' Seminar here. The stories they told were not all easy to hear. The world is a broken, ugly place sometimes. But if there's one thing I was reminded of, it's that God is SO MUCH BIGGER, and so, so faithful.

I had to tell myself that again one evening as I got home and discovered that our car battery had died, the lawn mower was broken, our furnace went out on us, my mom-in-law has to stay in the hospital for longer than expected, and a family aquaintance had passed away.

How in the world can God turn this:


into this:





God is a God who 'calls into existence the things that do not exist' (Romans 4:17). With a word from His mouth, the heavens and earth were created. And with a Word He brings to life things in our circumstances as well.

He is still in the business of healing, restoring, leading, providing, loving, directing, creating and transforming. How do I know? He is 'the Father of Lights' with whom 'there is no variation or shadow due to change' (James 1:17).

The days may be short, and it may seem like winter, but His Light is always, always there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, friend! Thanks for reading. I'd love to hear from you:

01 09 10