Saturday, October 4, 2014

No Record of Wrongs

My son was wailing, and it was my fault.

He was over-tired, since I had passed him around to people eager to hold a sweet baby instead of getting him to sleep. I had pushed back his nursing time, then on top of that, I accidentally dropped something on his foot, which made him burst into painful tears all over again.

What an awful feeling as a mom.



But then, a few minutes later after some cuddles to calm him down, I laid him on his change table and apologized (even though he's only 2 months old). And suddenly he looked up at me with his bright blue eyes and gave me the BIGGEST smile ever, as if to reassure me, 'It's okay, mom. I love you anyways.'

My heart absolutely melted.  

Laird SalkeldL
Laird Salkeld

And in that moment the Lord reminded me of the true definition of love: being slow to anger, quick to forgive, and keeping no record of wrongs.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
 
1 Corinthians 13:4-8, The Message
 
 
Another lesson learned from my son.  
 
 

2 comments:

Hi, friend! Thanks for reading. I'd love to hear from you:

01 09 10