Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Like A Child

Small hands digging through a bowl of dusty flour and baking soda, searching for a few more chocolate chips in the batter.

Leaping from the 5th step into Auntie's unexpecting arms.

Using the only words he knows - 'da, da' - and pleading eyes to ask me to do up his jacket before heading outside.

What babysitting my 1 1/2 year old nephew taught me about having faith like a child. 

Playing with sudsy water dripping off the countertop after 'helping' with the dishes.

His face lit up with a smile when I complimented his scribbled picture.

Begging 'uhh! uhh!' with uplifted arms, wanting just to be held close.

Childlike faith.

Believing that my Father gives good gifts to His children, myself included.

Confidence that He'll catch me.

Unashamedly asking for help.

'Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will not enter it.'

Knowing God doesn't really need my help, but He enjoys my presence anyways.

My righteousness, my best efforts, are but filthy rags, yet He smiles at me with pleasure.

The loving, welcome embrace of a Father who is ready to hold me when I come to Him.

When we learn to receive, to rest, to trust...we enter His kingdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, friend! Thanks for reading. I'd love to hear from you:

01 09 10